I’m no comic reader, and almost always, when the comic fans say a movie adaptation sucked, I disagree. (Well, I am a bookworm so I feel the same way as the comic fans for novels that were adapted into a movie, most of it disappointed me, maybe due of the own interpretations we have while reading it.)
But in the case of these movies, I’m just a regular viewer. A fan of super hero MOVIES.
And if you’re just like me, you will love Wonder Woman.
I think Marvel and DC got me so used to men being the protagonist, yes, there is Black Widow, Harley Quinn and so on, but this one’s different. This movie is really for Wonder Woman and about Wonder Woman. It actually took me a moment to process how satisfying it is to see a woman be a super hero and that kind of pro fighting skills. It is overwhelming, I can still feel it right now 2hrs after the movie.
- *First and foremost* WONDER WOMAN IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL SUPER HERO I’VE EVER SEEN YET. (I am literally gripping my armrest the whole movie due to utter attraction *😍😍😍*)
- Well representation of how strong she is (or how a woman can be, if you take it symbolically) and so her fight scenes are really a delightful sight. Plus I loved the way she sees the good in people, her pureness and bravery. And she’s innocently funny!
- Right amount of a family story and cheesy bits. I also adored the kid who portrayed her, so cute!
- Well written DC movie (hehe finally, after so many movies), the flow and the characters are all relevant to the story, no boring plot.
- Beautiful Themyscira— the hidden island of the Amazons.
- And the fact that she is Diana, so close to my name!! 😂
- I did not quite like how the fire (towards the ending) was edited and oh, also Ares’ costume.
- The use of that easily melted god-killer sword was totally not maximized 😂
One of my favorite scenes: when Wonder Woman initiated and bravely crossed the “no man’s land”! Gosh, Goosebumps all over.
“It’s not about what we deserve, it’s about what we believe. And I believe in love.”
Watch it because I believe she is the hero we deserve. The best DCU movie yet, this one’s gonna make you itch to rewatch it again.
Ps. GAL GADOT IS SMOKING HOT. Oops, did I mention that already?